Thursday, September 3, 2009

OAHU Day 9 - Road tripping to Diamond Head and back

This afternoon I took my scooter with the surfboard rack mount and drove from Kailua towards the South. Saw so many beautiful places, the road and the views are crazy. After a looong time and many surf breaks, I hit Diamond Head. On the road I also stopped at the windsurfing secret spot, the one that Cammar refers to as DA SPOT. Ahah. So easy to find. And a lot of windsurfers were there, slogging in the gusty off-shore winds. But the waves on the reef were worth it.

I drove past Diamond Head because the waves weren't that clean beacuse of the wind, and went all the way to Waikiki Beach, at a spot called PUBLICS.




By the time I got there the sun was setting, but I still had time to take out my goPRO camera. You'll see tomorrow the results!

The trip back in the dark with the board was an adventure in the adventure itself!

No comments: